EVA is a very light, very soft, very durable closed cell foam. Mayo Formulation EVA is the highest grade range of EVA animal beds available on the market. Mayo is the only range completely devoid of inert fillers like rubber which would compromise the structure of the compound, and therefore its durability.
Mayo formulation EVA beds are far superior to any rubber alternate for the following reasons:
- Much softer than rubber and therefore more comfortable
- Almost 100% insulating making for a warm environment
- They are lightweight and easy to maintain (8kg-13kg) – rubber is very heavy
- They are odourless and non-toxic
- There are 100% non-absorbent so you can be sure they are harbouring no nasty bugs inside. Nothing gets in or out of a Mayo Mat – the ultimate in hygiene
- They last indefinitely. The Original Mayo mat is the only product on the market with a proven lifespan of over 25 years
- They are economically priced – there is no better value for money on the market
- The product is tested independently and scientifically to be much more comfortable than traditional rubber floors
- They are highly shock absorbent and therefore leg and joint beneficial
- They are durable and able to withstand the immense pressure put on them
- They do not rip and tear like rubber mats as EVA is a far more stable structure
- They do not pit and hollow like leading competitor’s mattresses do
- They do not harden like rubber mats do – the air graded between the cells to give the mat its softness and permanent cushioning cannot escape – just as nothing can get in!