Here is why the Mayo Cow Mattress is the Farmer’s choice
- It can never collapse and go hard – your cows will lie for longer
- Our system has NO layers so no worries around bacteria or breakage
- Unbeatable hygiene – lower somatic cell count and incidents of mastitis
- Twice as thick and almost twice as soft as the Mayo Original
- Supremely comfortable
- A continuous floor that will not rip, tear, dish or hollow using the Mayo Joining Strip
- 10 year guarantee with 15+ year life expectancy
- Excellent insulation & shock absorbency
- 100% non-absorbent
- Mayo formation EVA devoid of any inert fillers
- A proven trusted name in Mayo – Quality Guaranteed
How the Mayo Mattress stands out from other systems
- The softest cushion for the longest
- Increased lying times
- Increased output
- Lower somatic cell count
- Lower incidents of mastitis
The ONLY system completely devoid of rubber
- It will never go hard – your cows will lie for longer
- It will never become abrasive – reduction in hock damage
- It has no layers – no worries around bacteria or breakage
10 year guarantee
- No quibble guarantee when laid and used as recommended
- Mayo systems have been in place for almost 30 years and are still performing
Mayo Cow Comfort Mattress Images
Take a look at the Mayo Performance Guarantee
Q: What is the difference between a cow mat and a cow mattress?
A: It depends on your definition . The true definition of a cow mattress is “a soft warm cushion for your cows to lie on when in the cubicle”. By that definition both the Mayo Mattress and the Mayo Original are cow mattresses with the main difference being that the Mayo Mattress is softer.
Q: Is the gap between the cow mats unhygienic?
A: No. The Mayo Mattress range is supplied at the correct width to ensure that the gap is ALWAYS underneath the cow cubicle division. The important area for hygiene is directly underneath the cow’s udder. In tests, the Mayo Mattress range was shown to be the most hygienic surface as it is 100% non-absorbent and can never become absorbent even as it ages. This is due to the unique structure of the product. Of course, fitting them with the Mayo Strip will cover this gap and alleviate all concern on this front.
Q: Do they compress and harden with time?
A: No. The air content of the Mayo Mattress range is permanent. It can never be released and the amount of material used during manufacture is graded to prevent the air cells collapsing. It can sometimes be observed that the back edge of a mat can get thinner. This is true as there is no material to support the cells. However, even one inch into the mat the product will be the same original thickness. This is normal and has no impact on the mat’s performance.
Please contact us with any enquiries about the Mayo Mattress using the form below: